Its heartbreaking to mistakenly drop your Airpods into the toilet bowl and didn’t realise untill you have flush the toilet. Honestly AirPods are not designed to withstand heavy water hence they cannot go through the water without getting catastrophically damaged.
When you flush down your Airpods down the toilet you have to get it out as soon as possible because the longer the time (more than 10 to 15 seconds ) it get submerged in water the higher the chances that it won’t function properly again because Airpods are known to resist water up to 10 to 15 minutes but aren’t waterproof.
When you mistakenly flush your Airpods, the plumber has to remove the toilet outside, shake it and then flip it up so as to retrieve the Airpods
Most times the airpods might remain stuck there, the plumber should just make use of a wire hanger to wiggle it free. But if the Airpods remains un-retrievable after so many trials then the base has to be removed.
You could use a colonoscopy camera to locate where the airpods is trapped. With a colonoscopy camera you will be able to see the exact spot or area where the airpod is located.
What to do if you dropped your AirPods in the toilet?
Here are the steps on what to do if you dropped your AirPods in the toilet:
- You have to retrieve your AirPods as quickly as possible. you don’t have to waste time because the longer your AirPods stay in the water, they are more likely to be damaged.
- Once you retrieve them from the water, you should Dry them off, but you have to use a soft, dry cloth. Be careful, because if you rub too hard,you could cause more damage to the delicate components.
- You need to also remove the ear tips and place them rightly in a separate container. this technique helps AirPods to dry out more quickly
- Don’t try placing them under direct heat source or even directly in sunlight rather Place your AirPods in well-ventilated area that is dry.
- You need to Wait and this time for at least 24 hours. by this time we are sure that it is completely dry as 24 hours is enough for them to dry.
- Do you have a silica gel packets? if you do then you can place them in a container with your AirPods because it will do a better job by helping absorb any remaining moisture. Other alternatives is hair dryer, yes hair dryer will help dry it especially on the cool setting. please don’t set it to overheat or attempt to use it heat .
If you’ve followed these steps and your AirPods still don’t work, you may need to take them to a repair shop. However, in most cases, your AirPods should be fine after drying out completely.
Here are some additional tips to help prevent water damage to your AirPods:
- Avoid using your AirPods in the rain or in humid environments.
- Don’t swim with them in your ears.
- If you do get them wet, dry them off immediately.
- Keep them in a case when you’re not using them.
By following these tips we listed above , your AirPods are likely to last longer because water and electric appliances aren’t good friends.
Are AirPods OK if they go through the wash?
AirPods are water-resistant, but are they waterproof? certainly no, AirPods are not waterproof . please remember this.
This means that AirPods are designed to withstand some exposure to water, but if you get them submerged in water maybe for a couple of minutes to hours they are likely to get spoilt.
if your AirPods mistakenly go through the wash or fell into the Toilet, and you quickly retrieve it, there are high chances that it can be in a good working condition again most especially when they are dry out again.
Here are some tips on what to do if your AirPods go through the Toilet or wash:
Remove them from the case immediately. The case is not water-resistant, so it is important to remove the AirPods from the case as soon as possible.
- Dry them off with a microfiber cloth, this work best . Again you should Use a soft, lint-free cloth to dry off the AirPods.
- The 24 hours wait. yes you have to Leave them in a dry warm place for at least 24 hours.
- like we have said before, there is no guarantee that it won’t spoil because there are chances for it to be damaged, this depends on the time frame of retrieval. so you can Check them for any sign of damage. But you have to do this after 24 hours.
If your AirPods are still not working after 24 hours, you may need to take them to an Apple Authorized Service Provider for repair.
Here are some things to avoid doing if your AirPods go through the Toilet or wash:
- Do not use heat to dry the water off . applying heat will get the AirPods damage. this is the mistake people make.
- Remember that your AirPods case is not water resistant . so when you put the AirPods back in the case, there are chances of it getting damaged.
- Avoid using cleaning products you get around. we know for sure that Cleaning products can lead to further damage.
- Please remember that your AirPods are not waterproof, please do everything possible to avoid them from getting wet.
can Airpods be flush down the Toilet
Don’t ever flush down your Airpods down the toilet because if you do then it will very difficult to remove it if it get stuck somewhere along the drainage pipe or end up in the toilet drainage.
You might even need a plumber to remove it and this will cost you money. Secondly there is every chances that it will get damaged if water eventually get into it because the water will shorten your Airpods circuit thereby losing its functionality.
can Airpods case be flushed down the toilet?
If you mistakenly flush Airpods case down toilet the chances of retrieving it are slim because it might end up in the toilet drainage covered with poo.
Your airpods case is not designed to be full water resistant and are not suitable to be used for in showering or anything that could make them get soak in water.
Your airpod case are not waterproof either that means it could get spoilt after it has been submerged in water for some time.
In case you mistakenly dropped it in your toilet where it is fully submerged and you get it out please make use of a soft dry cloth to dry the water out. Never attempt to use compress air or even heat to dry the water out.
Steps To Follow To Fix Wet AirPod Case
Use A Microfiber Cloth: quickly get a Microfiber Cloth ; with the Microfiber Cloth you can dry the AirPods case without getting to scratch the surface and this should be done slowly to get the job well done. Lastly allow it to dry by turning it upside down for few hours.
Try Gel Packs: Gel packs can equally be use to dry up any water that is inside the case. If you can’t get Microfiber Cloth to extract the moisture then Gel Packs is another great alternative.
Be patent: yes you have to leave your Airpods for some hours (4 to 5 hours or even more) to dry out on it own. But if it refuses to work again you can just skip to the next step.
Check Your Warranty: Apple products such as Airpods comes with warranty so study all about the warranty to see what is obtainable. But if you can get another case that will be better.
To keep your AirPods and the case safe so that it can last longer follow this tips :
- Under any circumstances should you place your AirPods under a running water such as your toilet, shower or faucet.
- Swimming with your AirPods will damaged it please avoid such.
- Putting your AirPods in washing machine or dryer should be avoided.
- When entering a steam room or a sauna please don’t go in with your AirPods
- While you go skiing or any other similar activities please don’t expose your AirPods to high velocity of water
- Lastly dont subject your AirPods to any impacts.
What happens if I drop my Airpod in the toilet?
Remember that the toilet bowl is considered as one of the most dirtiest of all places in our homes, office etc.When you drop your AirPod in the toilet first it will get soaked in a bacteria infested water.
Not everyone will consider making use of such Airpod after falling in a poo or urine filled toilet. But if you can’t take the Loss you can retrieve it back and gently clean it with alcohol. To make sure the water dried up,
Apple has recommend making use of microfiber cloth to dry the AirPods so as to quickly dry the water off completely.
Or you can consider putting it in an uncooked rice just to ensure that the heat from the rice dry up the remaining water from the Airpod.
Note: you should wait a minimum of 4 hours before testing if your airpod is working again or not.
Wipe it clean with a cloth slightly dampened with fresh water and dry with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
Allow them to completely dry before using them or placing them in the charging case
To make your Airpods last longer observe the following:
- One thing you should avoid is leaving your AirPods on wet surfaces.
- Immediately it start raining its best you just put your AirPods in a place where water cannot mess it up.
- To avoid putting your Airpods in the washing machine alongside your clothes please check your pocket before hand.
- Whenever you aren’t making use of your Airpods its wise to keep it safe in the case which is the best thing to do.
- If you drop or crushing your AirPods then with time it will slowly lose or weaken it water-resistant seals.
Are Airpods Waterproof?
Note that Apple Airpod aren’t water proof, although they can withstand just light water but if you decide or mistakenly drop them in your toilet or washing machine it could get damaged.
What we mean by light water is like when you are walking down the road with your AirPods on you while it’s raining ; you shouldn’t be afraid because your airpod won’t easily get spoilt although if it get soaked there are chances that it could get damaged This same scenario is true for users who sweat heavily.
Note that no Apple airpod is waterproof they are just water resistant (mostly the 3rd generation and airpod pro max) and that’s all. Apple water resistant airpods have the capacity to stop water from entering your airpods for just a few minutes of time and after that water starts seeping in.
Again as your airpod age with time the water resistant seals will become less effective and will degrade.